ctd architects are expanding and we are recruiting for a new role in our progressive, design led practice in Leek, North Staffordshire. We are looking for either an Architectural Technologist or Architectural Technician with ideally 2-3 years post qualification experience within a practice.
Applicants should have an enthusiastic personality with good personal skills to join our friendly team and to assist with our growing workload. The practice undertakes projects across a wide range of sectors, with particular specialist skills and experience in medical healthcare, historic building conservation, regeneration and housing; and community architecture. The successful applicant will work on a variety of projects and will gain experience in all RIBA Work Stages from concept designs to completion.
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- Proficient in a CAD software package to produce high quality drawings from both a technical understanding, and presentation point of view. Additional support and in-house training will be given in the practice’s preferred CAD software.
- Experience in using Revit, Sketch-up, Photoshop etc, however additional support and training would be provided for the right individual.
- Sound technical knowledge of modern and traditional construction methods, and an understanding of UK Building Regulations.
- Conservation experience would be an advantage.
- Preparation and development of Planning and Building Regulation applications.
- Carrying out measured building surveys.
- Excellent communication skills – liaising with clients, consultants, contractors, etc.
- Be able to work under your own initiative as well as part of a team.
Candidate would ideally have access to his/her own car, but this is not essential. ctd architects is an equal opportunities employer. Please visit our website for more details and information on the practice: www.ctdarchitects.co.uk
How to apply
Covering letter with CV and PDF work samples/portfolio by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
F.A.O Angela Cashmore – Office Manager.